Damian,

That's because your binding-file is not a binding-file, but rather a
mapping file. They are different file types, so you are giving Castor
the wrong file type.

Please see the following for more information on binding-file:

http://castor.exolab.org/sourcegen.html#Binding-File

Please see the following for more information on mapping files (which
cannot be used with the SourceGenerator):

http://castor.exolab.org/xml-mapping.html

--Keith