This one time, at band camp, Ughetti Marco said:

UM>This is a re-send after the dev mailing list subscription:
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>Hi,
UM>
UM>Using this conf file:
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM><database name="myDb engine="oracle">
UM>
UM>    <data-source class-name="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl"
UM>>
UM>
UM>     <params URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:myDb" user="user"
UM>password="pwd"
UM>
UM>            minLimit="5" maxLimit="10" cache-scheme="1" />
UM>
UM>    </data-source>
UM>
UM>    <mapping href="mapping.xml" />
UM>
UM></database>
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>I get a NullPointerException indicating that the pool is not active when
UM>I insert a row through this set of instructions:
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>jdo = new JDO("myDb");
UM>
UM>            db.begin();
UM>
UM>            db.create(row);
UM>
UM>            db.commit();
UM>
UM>            db.close();
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>If a change something about the sintax (i.e. minLimit -> min-limit) I
UM>get a parsing exception
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>Obviously without using the pooling it works
UM>
UM>
UM>
UM>Please, anyone can tell me where is the error?

Marco,

The problem is that Castor doesn't have any knowledge of those
additional attributes on the <params> element. Werner was working
on a fix for this so I'm not sure of the progress. Werner will be
out of town through Sunday, but maybe we can catch him before he
leaves. Werner, can you comment on this?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","<0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo