Bruce, Marco

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:14:58 -0600 (MDT), Bruce Snyder wrote:

>This one time, at band camp, Ughetti Marco said:
>
>UM>This is a re-send after the dev mailing list subscription:
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>Hi,
>UM>
>UM>Using this conf file:
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM><database name="myDb engine="oracle">
>UM>
>UM>    <data-source class-name="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl"
>UM>>
>UM>
>UM>     <params URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:myDb" user="user"
>UM>password="pwd"
>UM>
>UM>            minLimit="5" maxLimit="10" cache-scheme="1" />
>UM>
>UM>    </data-source>
>UM>
>UM>    <mapping href="mapping.xml" />
>UM>
>UM></database>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>I get a NullPointerException indicating that the pool is not active when
>UM>I insert a row through this set of instructions:
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>jdo = new JDO("myDb");
>UM>
>UM>            db.begin();
>UM>
>UM>            db.create(row);
>UM>
>UM>            db.commit();
>UM>
>UM>            db.close();
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>If a change something about the sintax (i.e. minLimit -> min-limit) I
>UM>get a parsing exception
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>Obviously without using the pooling it works
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>
>UM>Please, anyone can tell me where is the error?
>
>Marco,
>
>The problem is that Castor doesn't have any knowledge of those
>additional attributes on the <params> element. Werner was working
>on a fix for this so I'm not sure of the progress. Werner will be
>out of town through Sunday, but maybe we can catch him before he
>leaves. Werner, can you comment on this?

Whilst it is true that I have been working on a patch related to this, things should
work out of the box in your scenario if - and only if - you follow the
following guidelines:

<database name="myDb engine="oracle">
   <data-source class-name="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl">
     <params URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:myDb" user="user" password="pwd"
            minLimit="5" maxLimit="10" cache-scheme="1" />
    </data-source>
    <mapping href="mapping.xml" />
</database>

should read

<database name="myDb engine="oracle">
   <data-source class-name="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl">
     <params URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:myDb" user="user" password="pwd"
            min-limit="5" max-limit="10" cache-scheme="1" />
    </data-source>
    <mapping href="mapping.xml" />
</database>

Iow, attributes made up from more than one word should re written as first-second and
NOT firstSecond. If that does not work, what exception do you
get then ?

Werner