On 28 Jun 2004, at 23:52, Stephen Ince wrote:
Castor should probably use separate queries to load the dependent objects.

On our own project, I must admit, we hit this. Big time. Performance suffered dreadfully; our only recourse was to hand-code getters to lazy load on use, rather than try to load them all in individual queries.

We've since gone a very different route - using memcached to distribute cached objects into a distributed pool of out-of-JVM caches that we run in the live service, and moved all of our queries out of OQL-based object loads into cache lookups and pinpoint loading of individual IDs through db.load, preserving object instances in cache, including instances common to more than one object.

Anything that can be done to improve the performance of that call is appreciated.