Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce our demonstration of PyPI and pip with TUF.

Firstly, we solicit your thoughts and comments on our design document for integrating PyPI with TUF:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sHMhgrGXNCvBZdmjVJzuoN5uMaUAUDWBmn3jo7vxjjw/edit?usp=sharing

Secondly, you may wish to test our demo of PyPI and pip with TUF:

https://github.com/dachshund/pip/wiki/pip-over-TUF

Thirdly, this is how little it takes to secure pip with TUF:

https://github.com/dachshund/pip/compare/develop...tuf

Finally, you may be interested to learn about how one might manually secure a PyPI package index with TUF:

https://github.com/dachshund/pip/wiki/PyPI-over-TUF

We are excited to be able to show this to you now, and in person at our lightning talk at PyCon this Friday.

We think that there is great potential for the PyPI and TUF community to work together to secure Python package management. This is just the beginning, and there is some work left to do, but we are confident that we have demonstrated to you that PyPI could be secured with TUF in the very near future. We would be happy to discuss with you how we compare with other proposals.

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Thanks,
Trishank