Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann wrote:
we have build some classes with Attribute::Handlers (was inspired from Attribute::Property)

This works realy fine!

after a few tests we gone use this classes under catalyst ... and ... dont work :-/ under catalyst our classes dont use Attribute::Handlers :-/ we declare UNIVERSAL::Property and then use "sub nondigit : Property { defined && !m{[0-9]} }" (see the code)

then you can call: $obj->nondigit(4) and it will croak or $obj->nondigit("car") and it will set the object-property nondigit to "car".

I'm gonna stop right here because it seems like you're trying to re-invent Moose in some round-about way.

Take a look at the simple "Point" example [1] plus the docs for TypeConstraints [2].

I'd trying to help with your existing code, but it makes my eyes bleed. :)

-Brian

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~stevan/Moose-0.25/lib/Moose/Cookbook/Recipe1.pod
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~stevan/Moose-0.25/lib/Moose/Util/TypeConstraints.pm