From: "Ian Wells" <i...@cack.org.uk>
On 4 May 2009, at 09:19, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

I have started using fastcgi with a Catalyst app, using it as an external
server, but I've seen that it works very slow and many requests give a
timeout error and display a 500 error because of this.

This is a fairly standard sort of problem, so have a debugging aid:

http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/gettingstarted/howtos/quick_and_dirty_FastCGI

The idea here is that this produces a 'known good' minimal FastCGI
implementation.  Unfortunately, I can't test this properly at the
moment due to issues with my development server, but please:

- try it
- ask me if you have problems, but if you have fixes, change the page!

Hi,

I tried it, but it gave the following error which I don't understand:

2009-05-04 20:04:04: (plugin.c.165) dlopen() failed for: /usr/lib64/lighttpd/mod_fastcgi.so /usr/lib64/lighttpd/mod_fastcgi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2009-05-04 20:04:04: (server.c.621) loading plugins finally failed

Thanks.

Octavian