Octavian Râsnita wrote:
My development and test server is under Windows and the production server under Linux, so because perl is not a really fully portable language, I also need to do tests under the production server, which is not very nice.

If your development environment doesn't look as close to production as possible, then you're going to want/need to do tests on something which *does* look like your production environment.

This isn't a perl specific thing _in any way_, you'll find inter-platform differences no matter what language and runtime stack you use.

Cheers
t0m