On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Matt Whipple <m...@mattwhipple.com <mailto:m...@mattwhipple.com>> wrote:

    J. Shirley wrote:

        On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Matt Whipple
        <m...@mattwhipple.com <mailto:m...@mattwhipple.com>
        <mailto:m...@mattwhipple.com <mailto:m...@mattwhipple.com>>>
        wrote:

           Is there a presently existing mechanism which flexibly
        allows for
           template selection according to the request URI?  For
        instance a
           request to www.myapp.com/somepage
        <http://www.myapp.com/somepage> <http://www.myapp.com/somepage>

           would set something like stash(template => 'somepage.tt
        <http://somepage.tt>
           <http://somepage.tt>') if the file exists and continue to be

           processed by the appropriate or default action.

           I wrote something which does this which I'm about to spend some
           time cleaning up and optimizing but don't want to be
        reinventing
           any wheels (especially likely smoother ones).

           Searchable archive:

Thanks everyone for your input, I'm certainly gathering that there is nothing preexisting that does what I'm looking to do. I'll continue to clean up my version and throw it on CPAN if it seems appealing enough. As a quick overview the basic premise is a more direct link from the path to the template which would be used for those times when the URI path determines presentation after passing through a reusable action handler which tailors content (and doesn't necessarily have to worry about the template selection). This is presently done in the auto action so that overriding the behavior is natural and any extended logic can be handled when and where desired.
<http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com>