Hi,

I'm using the plugin C::P::I18N::DBI (which is from me) which loads the texts from database once on application startup.

Now in my app I'm building an admin panel where one can edit the texts. After the admin finishes editing, he currently needs to restart the whole apache to load the new texts into catalyst or has to wait until the apache clients are killed after time (if running under mod_perl). This may be ok for develping but when running in production with several other website on the same apache, this is not a good idea.

I thought there may be a possibility to restart only the catalyst application (like the built-in server does), but I don't think this is possible with apache. So the solution would be to set a "lexicon last modified" date somewhere and update this every time the texts have changed (which will not be often). The app could then check at each (or each N requests?) if the date has changed and reload the data.

Would this be a good scenario and where exactly could this checking be done?

When running under mod_perl (what the production apps currently do), the reloading has to be done for each client. I don't know how FastCGI is working with that, but I'm considering using FastCGI for production.

Thanks,
  matt

--
rainboxx Matthias Dietrich
Freier Software Engineer

rainboxx                  |  Tel.: +49 (0) 151 / 50 60 78 64
Tölzer Str. 19            |  Mail: m...@rainboxx.de
70372 Stuttgart           |  WWW : http://www.rainboxx.de

XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html