Hi t0m,

Am 26.08.2009 um 02:30 schrieb Tomas Doran:

Right - so use some form of caching scheme to save a lexicon 'generation' key.

Bump the value of that key when the lexicon is changed. The first time you use the lexicon in a hit (or just at the start of the hit), check the lexicon generation and reload if needed?

This approach is simpler than futzing around with process management, simpler than messing with multiple signals, simpler to scale to n boxen (just use memcache - can change this by config if you're using Catalyst::Plugin::Cache), etc...

ah, thanks! That seems to be a good solution in theory! I'm trying to integrate this in my plugin if this can be a general approach within the next few days.

Thanks,
  matt

--
rainboxx Matthias Dietrich
Freier Software Engineer

rainboxx                  |  Tel.: +49 (0) 151 / 50 60 78 64
Tölzer Str. 19            |  Mail: m...@rainboxx.de
70372 Stuttgart           |  WWW : http://www.rainboxx.de

XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html