On 16 Apr 2010, at 04:49, Ashley wrote:

It's a longshot that this is relevant to the problem but it is relevant to Engine::CGI and I needed an excuse to bring it up again. There is a long-standing bug in the prepare_path of Catalyst::Engine::CGI that wrecks certain kinds of apache path handling (and therefore uri_for) if the path contains regex chars.

 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/dev/21380

Due to the timing of 5.7 freezing, my trepidation with messing with 5.8 at the time, I never redid the patch and tests. I don't have the tuits now, just bumping it on the list and hijacking threads because I'm so that way.

No, that's cool..

That bug was resolved as I couldn't reproduce it in any way, and I neglected to pay (enough) attention to the the last paragraph :(

I can entirely see and reproduce the 2nd issue in that ticket, and I have now fixed it:

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/Catalyst/revision/?rev=13166

Thanks for the (re-)report.

Cheers
t0m