On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 17:40 +0100, Mike Raynham wrote:
> I know that this is not a Catalyst question, but I hope to get the
> opinions of those that use Catalyst.
>
> I develop web sites for small businesses, and really like using Perl and
> Catalyst.  However, there are times when developing a custom CMS is not
> really appropriate - usually because it takes too much time (and hence
> money) to develop, and because there are lots of ready made systems out
> there already that will do the job.
> Does anyone have any experiences with open source CMS frameworks that
> they are able to share?

Hi Mike,

As Devin has already mentioned, I've got a basic CMS up and running, and
I'm still adding features at a reasonable pace (this month; forums).
Take a look at www.shinycms.org and https://github.com/denny/ShinyCMS
and come chat in #shinycms on irc.perl.org - more developers would be
very welcome, likewise users with a developer mindset - the docs are a
bit lacking but I'm very happy to answer questions!  :)

It would be nice to get a Perl CMS built that we can start recommending
to people, at least for basic stuff, instead of having to look
embarrassed and point people at Drupal, Wordpress, and other PHP
solutions.

Cheers,
Denny