On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 08:27 +0100, Goke Aruna wrote:
> Its been two hours trying to run ShinyCMS.
>
> The dependencies are too many.

I don't think the list is unusually long for a Catalyst app, although I
could be wrong*.  Did you already have Catalyst installed, or did you
have to start by installing Catalyst, Moose, DBIx::Class, etc?  That
does take quite a while the first time you do it.

> Is it possible to have all the dependencies in a file and run it
> prior to running it.

I'm not entirely sure - isn't that what make is supposed to do?
Personally I just use the command-line cpan tool to manually install
whatever is in the Makefile.PL when I install other people's code...
anyone got any advice on packaging up for simpler deployment?

Cheers,
Denny

* Link to the Makefile.PL, so you can see the dependencies:
https://github.com/denny/ShinyCMS/blob/master/Makefile.PL