On 2 Feb 2012, at 11:39, Riju Royson wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried using Data::Dump, the values are as follows,

<snip>

                        stash     => {
                                        PERL_ENV => {
                                              AUTHENTICATE_CN
=> "rkurien",

So this is in the per request stash.. I wonder why your app is grabbing PERL_ENV...

Can you grab the app for the phrase PERL_ENV, and show us the top level application class, and whichever class contains PERL_ENV?

                                              PATH_INFO
=> "/static/images/logo.gif",
                                              PATH_TRANSLATED
=> "/auto/web-sciam/app/root/static/images/logo.gif",
QUERY_STRING => "",
                                              REMOTE_ADDR
=> "10.78.184.182",
REMOTE_PORT => 2596,
                                              REMOTE_USER
=> "rkurien",
REQUEST_METHOD => "GET",
                                              REQUEST_URI
=> "/cts/static/images/logo.gif",
                                              SCRIPT_FILENAME
=> "/auto/web-sciam/app/script/cts_fastcgi_eifweb.pl",
                                              SCRIPT_NAME
=> "/app",
                                              SCRIPT_URI
=> "http://app.com/cts/static/images/logo.gif";,
                                              SCRIPT_URL
=> "/cts/static/images/logo.gif",
                                              SERVER_ADDR
=> "10.22.181.151",
                                              SERVER_ADMIN
=> "webmaster-cts\@cisco.com",
                                              SERVER_NAME
=> "app.com",
SERVER_PORT => 80,

So these look like at whatever point this is captured, the environment is sane - why this isn't being picked up by Catalyst::Engine::CGI (which the FastCGI engine subclasses) is a mystery to me, but I suspect your app code..

I removed the FcgidInitialEnv lines fromhttpd conf. But still am not
able to move forward.

Does it all work if you use the development server? I.e. is it _only_ FastCGI that's an issue, or generally with anything not mod_perl

We are using catalyst  5.7014.

This version is almost 4 years old, which is a lifetime! But it's probably easier to get you sorted out where you are right now than trying to upgrade as well.

Cheers
t0m

Cheers
t0m