Thanks for the suggestion, but I just spent some time looking at SolarBeam, and found that the example code did not work.

A little time debugging it confirmed that it internally constructed a valid query url string which when pasted into a browser resulted in multiple found documents, but SolarBeam was getting 0 documents found. Since the last release was a year ago, it is quite possible that something changed to break it (I'm using SOLR 4.4, was the author working with the 3.x series?). I also noticed that you (Marcus R) started a fork.

Since I've been able to work-around the issues with Apache::Solr I'm starting my project with it.

We have been using SolarBeam - https://github.com/judofyr/solarbeam

It uses Mojo::UserAgent, and will allow parallel requests, even if you use catalyst. We found this very useful when writing search intensive apps.

Marcus.