I birded Dryden Lake Saturday afternoon. Nothing really exciting. There
was a warbler flock in the bushes near the parking lot. I picked out
NASHVILLE and BLACK- THROATED GREEN WARBLERS. There
was also Red-Bellied and Hairy Woodpecker around. The lake
had one Cormorant. Then there were common birds like Phoebe,
Song Sparrow, Catbird, Downy Woodpecker, and Kingfisher.
The most active birds there were GREAT BLUE HERONS.
A pair of them flew in and landed on a log. They strutted on the log,
wings out, necks sticking up. It was quite a display!

Bruce Packard

Groton