I birded Dryden Lake Sunday afternoon with my parents. The bushes next to the
parking
lot were 'Kinglet Alley', with several of both species of KINGLET. There was
also a
YELLOW- RUMPED WARBLER mixed in. There were lots of sparrows afoot,-
SWAMP, SONG, WHITE-THROATED and WHITE-CROWNED. I got a brief glimpse
of a PILEATED WOODPECKER flying away. Also seen were WOOD DUCK and
BROWN CREEPER. There was a single REDWING mixed in with a flock of fifty
COWBIRDS. We then drove over to George Lake and saw the dark phase
ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK. He hovered in the air for a bit and then flew off.

Bruce Packard

Groton