Yesterday afternoon in front of my house just north of Hog Hole, all that was left of the thousands of waterfowl that have gathered every day were 43 American Coots, apparently not minding the gunfire. There had been regular Tundra Swans (about 20) and Redheads (more than 1500), a scattering of Canvasbacks, Ring-necked Ducks, American Black Ducks, Scaup, and many Canadas. I look forward to their return after hunting season, and after the CBC. I miss them. I didn't report the vast numbers to the list because hunters read the postings.

Elaina