(Meant to post this yesterday but life got in the way).

A large black bird laboring under the weight of something pale that it was
carrying in its bill caught my eye as I headed home from my Mt Pleasant walk
Friday afternoon. As I continued up the hill, a second one took off from the
road—they were Common Ravens airlifting chicken quarters (I think) from a
package of meat that had been dumped on the road. (I say I think, because the
meat was so gross at that point that I didn't want to examine the package too
closely!).

I wonder if the ravens also carried off the old sofa that was dumped near the
same spot last week, and subsequently disappeared?  ;-)))

Marie