Below is my ebird report, filling out my previous post to the list.  It's
interesting how quickly things change in the waterfowl world.  There are now at
least another hundred Canvasbacks than during the period I counted, only
minutes ago.  Many more Ring-necked Ducks than yesterday.  Far fewer Canadas
than usual.  The sunshine is exciting (to me and them), and a cluster of shore
dabblers are splashing vigorously.  The rafts are continuously changing shape,
cruising back and forth, north and south, forming long lines and then clumps.
Two Black Ducks showed up right after I posted.

Elaina

Location:     SW Corner Cayuga Lake
Observation date:     1/30/11
Notes:     Waterfowl rafts were moving a lot, and were undercounted due to tree
obscuration--more birds to the north.  Nothing past about halfway to cluster
buoy from west shore was counted due to uncertainty.  Common Goldeneyes must be
somewhere else today.  Fewer Canvasbacks than usual among the Redheads. Nice to
see the sunlight on what was here.
Number of species:     24

Canada Goose     48
Gadwall     2
Mallard     11
Canvasback     18
Redhead     1700
Ring-necked Duck     64
Greater/Lesser Scaup     12
Bufflehead     1
Common Merganser     16
Ruddy Duck     4
gull sp.     14
Mourning Dove     9
Red-bellied Woodpecker     1
Downy Woodpecker     4
Hairy Woodpecker     1
Blue Jay     2
American Crow     3
Black-capped Chickadee     2
Tufted Titmouse     1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern)     2
Brown Creeper     1
Carolina Wren     2
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)     1
Northern Cardinal     2
American Goldfinch     6
House Sparrow     9

This report was generated automatically by eBird
v2(http://ebird.org<http://ebird.org/>)