The plastic blinders are used to prevent the pecking and cannibalism that
occurs when raising large, captive flocks of game birds. Thanks, Linda and
Jody, for clarifying that the pheasants at the Reynold's Game Farm are
*not* released
with blinders on.

I side with Linda and disagree with the idea of raising these birds for the
sole purpose of hunting, but that issue is for another day, another forum.

Candace