I eat breakfast on the sunporch which overlooks many feeders.  I love watching
the bird behaviors and interactions.  A bluejay came in and landed in the
serviceberry next to the feeders..  A robin zoomed in and chased it away.
Every time the bluejay came back the (now pair of robins) would madly chase off
the bluejay..  This happened at least three times.  Finally the robins left it
alone and it was able to feed in peace..  I have many pairs of robins with
nests in my yard.  I'm sure the bluejays have been up to no good and have
threatened the robin's nest.

My orioles and catbirds have been back for awhile now. They come to the jelly
and orange feeder.  The house finches come to that feeder too.  The red-bellied
woodpecker will come for the oranges (and suet).  The hummingbirds are coming
to their feeder.  I still have 4 or so white-crowned sparrows.  I finally heard
the yellowthroat and yellow warblers this morning.  I also heard the least
flycatcher and warbling vireo this morning. I'm pretty sure they nest here
since I have them each year.  I have a pair of house wrens using the birdhouse
below my bedroom window.  They drove off the house sparrows which usually use
it..

Oh, yesterday I had a flyover Coopers Hawk.  It was being escorted out of town
by the grackles.  I have real problems getting my work done because I watch my
birds too much.   I'd love to get someone new.

Have a great birdy day!

Carol Keeler
Auburn

Sent from my iPad