A quick walk up on Mt Pleasant Rd this morning netted the following:

American Pipits several in the newly ploughed field opposite the radio tower.
There was also a flock of Horned Larks there the day it was ploughed, not new
arrivals, I surmise, but simply those unfortunate individuals whose nests had
been trashed by the plough (yes, I know I spell that word differently than most
of you...!!).

Many Bobolinks in song over the dandelion-y field east of the radio tower

Savannah Sparrows - several

In the woods: Least Flycatcher, Red-eyed Vireo, Baltimore Oriole, Common
Yellowthroat

Lots Tree and Barn Swallows

European Starling doing a convincing imitation of an Eastern Phoebe song, while
frantically performing its wing-wave display on a nest box.

OK, now off to England, where starlings are somewhat more appreciated than
here......!

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

***NEW***  See my beautiful photo notecards:

http://www.marieread.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=478&pos=0