Shannon and I stopped at Dryden Lake mid morning,  and found it very quiet,
 finding mostly the same as Collen R. Our most interesting sightings where
Jane Graves, and a bit later on, the Rusty Blackbirds she had mentioned to
us.  They were along the Schug trail right near the bench marked "3.5 mi."

We made a quick run up to Montezuma as well, stopping only at mud lock, the
visitors center and tchasche pool due to time considerations. We saw 2
young in the eagle nest at mud lock. The visitors center had lots of GW
Teal,  a few B-w Teal, N Shovelors, Gadwall and Ring-necked Ducks. The main
pool itself was almost empty.  One note is that the wildlife drive seemed
to be closed at the outflow from the main pool,  with a sign there telling
visitors to turn around...

Tschache was more active,  but we didn't find anything there new except Am.
Coot.

Bill Baker