Submissions sought for mushroom photography display @ Mann Library

Calling nature photographers and mushroom lovers of any and all levels, from
budding to bona fide! The Fall 2011 mushroom season has yielded some
spectacular fungal blooms in the Finger Lakes area. Cornell University's Mann
Library is planning a community display of fungal photography that will
celebrate the sublime beauty and intriguing allure of this year's Finger Lakes
mushroom bounty.

We invite photography submissions by intrepid mushroom hunters, observant
hikers, and curious pedestrians alike. If you've captured a mushroom specimen
on camera in your wanderings around the Cornell campus, in Tompkins County or
beyond, please consider having it included in our late fall display. All
photography will be fully credited. Please send submissions to
mann-public-ed-p...@cornell.edu<mailto:mann-public-ed-p...@cornell.edu>.
Recommended resolution for submissions is 300dpi for 8x10" prints (e.g. 3000 x
2400 pixels). For those of you willing to share the info, a brief description
of where your mushroom was found will also be helpful, as we would like to
include in the exhibit an interactive map that locates the nurturing habitat of
the various specimens featured in the display. Submissions will be accepted
through  November 7 for a late November exhibit opening. Feel free to pass the
word. Thank you!

Feel free to share with others who may be interested.

Eveline Ferretti
Public Programs Administrator
Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
e...@cornell.edu<mailto:e...@cornell.edu>
Tel: (607) 254-4993

Marty Schlabach                 m...@cornell.edu<mailto:m...@cornell.edu>
Cell 315-521-4315
Head, Collection Development, Mann Library, Ithaca          607-255-6919
Entomology Librarian
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853