The past couple of mornings, the Hawthorn Orchard has been devoid of migrants.
It was unnervingly quiet today and yesterday. It certainly appears that most
migrants in the area have moved on and have not been replaced by anything new
coming in from the South. The Wood Thrush that was holding an apparent
territory at the Northeast corner may have departed, since I've not heard that
bird since Saturday morning.

Only bird as a possible migrant today was a single Least Flycatcher, and that
was actually to the South of the horse-jumping pasture, South of the Hawthorn
Orchard. Sunday morning, I did hear and partially see a single probable migrant
warbler (Nashville/Tennessee-like) giving a few "seet" notes from some
buckthorn just West of the South rugby field. I couldn't get a good-enough look
at that bird, though.

Presumably this lack of migration is all weather-related. It is mid-May, is it
not?

Good birding, at any rate!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer