I was there in that area and listened several minutes but did not hear it. And
I was wondering what happens, if they don't breed? Do they go back to their
wintering ground or stay put till it is fall?

Other than that I heard, Blue-grey Gnat Catchers, Warbling Vireos, and Robins.
No yellow Warblers were heard. Yes, I did hear Am. Redstarts at the beginning
of the walk, then don't recollect if I was listening to them or not as I was
looking for odonates and was focused on that job.
While I was at the edge of Fire Brigade practice area, I saw a beautiful fresh
specimen of COMMON BUCKEYE! Right above it was an Eastern Bluebird singing
"pretty pretty" .

Yesterday night or rather today early morning a deer in my yard was calling
very loudly. I saw my neighbor was out with flash light, but it stopped
calling, when he was out there. I have recorded the call and will post to Sound
cloud later sometime. The calls were aggressive wheezing, hissing and rattling
calls. Called for nearly 10-15 minutes. I have no idea what it was aggressive
about.

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850