I think skunks would not hesitate to eat eggs or young they found in a nest on the ground.
--Dave Nutter

On Jul 05, 2012, at 11:06 PM, M&W <gon...@gmail.com> wrote:

My wife and I observed 2 males between the trail intersection and the Oak tree. One male flew south toward the observation platform shortly after we arrived and the other stayed close to the female as she appeared to be gathering materials to build a nest. The photo below is the male that was close to the female all of the time we were there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mw13/7498911118/

We also observed 2 skunks cross the trail and move in the direction of the working female, is there a potential for the skunks to hamper any nesting that may occur?

Wade & Melissa