My Cooper's Hawk has made counting birds for the Backyard Bird Count
impossible.  It's been here each day, so no birds are coming to the feeders.
Yesterday it took a female Cardinal.  This morning it sat in the weeping pine
where the feeders are located from at least 7:15 to 8:30. I was amazed at how
long it stayed. I don't know how much longer it stayed since I left to get
groceries.  One photographer from out west, Ron Dudley, has said that in very
cold weather many raptors are "sticky".   They tend to stay put and don't flush
easily.  My Cooper's was sticky this morning.  I looked out just a while ago
and it was back again, but didn't stay long.  I assume it has had quite a bit
of success hunting in my yard since it's around so often.

Sent from my iPad