730am: (OK, I know this looks like a repeat of yesterday, but...) Singing ALDER
FLYCATCHER giving good views in the power line cut, from near the pole with the
nest box which is in the middle of the cut (sorry, I had forgotten there is
also a box on the pole near where the cut joins the Hoyt trail).

I recorded this guy as well, since again I didn't have the camera (but as we
know, the Alder looks just like the Willow I didn't shoot yesterday so the
pictures would have looked alike). I did not hear the Willow today except when
I brought up yesterday's recording to my ear and played it while the Alder was
singing just to be double sure I wasn't crazy! Yes, Willow second note drops,
Alder second note rises and they sounded just like the iBird samples I had with
me. However,  I will have Jay give a listen when I see him to double-check me.

Hey, remember what that great philosopher Hopalong Cassiday said: If you come
to a fork in the Traill's, take it!
(all right, I'm probably going to regret that)

Chris Pelkie
Research Analyst
Bioacoustics Research Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology