Thanks Jay. We are at altitude here and dates a a rule run well behind Ithaca,
MNWR
or Watkins Glen. The 28 year norm for ATSP ihere is 10/28 and the previous late
arr
dates were 11/12 and 11/16 -the previous two falls!There has not been a pattern
of
increasing late arr dates over the years. My best guess is that food supply at
lower
altitude was sufficient and they are just now seeking the higher ground or, the
birds normally routed this way were diverted by weather pattern this year. I
tend to
believe the latter given a similar routing disparity with our NSWO encounters.
(saw-whets).
John
--
John and Sue Gregoire