Today about 1:15 p.m. John & I had good looks at the 2 horned grebes, one
spending a long time grooming. Also saw a pr. of common mergs with the male in
his well-dressed "suit," suitable for a suitor ... nothing COMMON about him!
Didn't have time to scan much so probably over looked the canvasbacks this
time. Other nos. were down from Fri. but did have gadwall, wigeons, buffles,
red-heads, a ring neck & 2 coots.

We checked on the bald eagle nest west of Great Gully about 4:30 p.m. but saw
no sign of a bird in the nest or in nearby trees. I was too cold to drag out
the scope!

Fritzie

Commenting about Mill Pond
Linda Post Van Buskirk  wrote: Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:08 PM that ...

Red-breasted merganser was still there today, along with a stunning pair of
canvasbacks, some widgeons, red-heads, buffleheads, a scaup, and some geese.  I
didn't look long, but did not find the grebes.  Everybody seemed to be feeding
happily.
Linda