Interesting...just this morning, Livia and I had a calling (kow...kow...)
then nicely seen YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO in the Salmon Creek Sanctuary right
about where John described. Last evening around 5:00, a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo was giving a k'k'k'k'k,kowp song on the Wilson Trail just north of
the building here at Sapsucker Woods, and then Matt Medler and I had two
Yellow-billed Cuckoos foraging over the feeders along the pond edge a few
minutes later. Apart from these, I have heard no other cuckoos in the
daytime so far this spring. I did have an excellent night flight last week
though, with 39 Black-billed and 13 Yellow-billed Cuckoos vocalizing
overhead over the course of a couple of hours.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM, John Greenly <j...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> Following up on Geo's YB Cuckoo post,  I watched a pair of Black-Billed
> Cuckoos in the Salmon Creek sanctuary on Salmon Creek Rd.  The best
> encounter with Cuckoos I've probably ever had, lots of cavorting and
> vocalizing right overhead along the road, maybe two hundred yards past
> Brooks Hill Rd.  Nice to get such good looks at such handsome birds!
>
> --John Greenly

> ARCHIVES:

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

Jay McGowan