In the spirit of "the more you think you know, the more you have to learn" would
anyone please describe the call differentiation between Black and
Yellow-billed? I
have had both on the sanctuary and banded both species. This year as we listen
we
had a few obvious Black Billed doing the three note cu-cu-cu and several others
that
make quite a ruckus and Cu longer. Some are in-between. Re-listened to a bunch
of
tracks on both and am totally confused. Compounding that was listening to an
"obvious" YBCU this morning and when it flew it out it was a Black!
Thanks in advance,
John
--
John and Sue Gregoire