Sitting on my porch at around 8:15 this evening, I noticed a silhouetted
accipiter (female sharp-shinned or male cooper’s?) atop the utility pole in the
TCAT parking lot in Varna.  It was pulling apart what I thought was a small
bird, but when it tossed it off and flew away I found the fresh remains of a
bat (mostly wings) at the base of the pole, plus the remains of at least two
more bats that were slightly less fresh.  Do they “hawk” the bats in flight??
What a remarkable feat that would be!  Anyone ever witnessed it?

Cheers,
Kevin Loope