From:
mountainbirdwa...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mountainbirdwa...@yahoogroups.com>[mailto:mountainbirdwa...@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:14 AM
To: mountainbirdwa...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mountainbirdwa...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MountainBirdwatch] Packets, New York routes, and training workshops

Good morning, Mountain Birdwatchers,

I drove down to DC this past weekend, and as I headed due south, I watched the
coming of spring- leaves unfurled on the trees, tulips and cherry blossoms
opened, and the sun shone on green grass, buzzing bumblebees, and strutting
pigeons.  Spring will be here in the Northeast before we know it!

Our Mountain Birdwatch season opens in just under a month, and I wanted to send
a few reminders in preparation:
1.  Volunteer Packets went out last Thursday and Friday!  If you are signed up
to survey a route this year and don't receive your packet by tomorrow, please
let me know (email jsc...@vtecostudies.org<mailto:jsc...@vtecostudies.org>).
2.  We still need help in the Adirondacks!  13 routes still don't have
volunteers in the Adirondacks.  If you've been on the fence about adopting a
route in New York, please consider helping out!  (We've also got one available
route in the Catskills, four in northern NH, and one in Maine, if you're
interested...)
3.  RSVP for Training Workshops:  If you haven't already, please let me know if
you'll be attending a training workshop.  Also, if you will be attending,
please go through your volunteer packets BEFORE you come to the workshop- you
will get the most out of the workshops this way.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in the next few weeks!

All the best,
Judith

--

Dr. Judith Scarl