Just outside of the Basin, Hile School Road:

Since Thursday 17 March, only two rather than a dozen American Tree Sparrows
have visited my feeders. They are here this morning, and one just did
“crest-up" at the other, which kept crest feathers flat—I assume two males.

This morning 19 Mar, the White-crowned Sparrow adult, I assume the same one
that has been here for weeks, again showed up to confirm his continued
presence.  Also a definite female Red-winged Blackbird came to the feeder area
where about a dozen males in various stages of maturity are feeding.

Larger Tree Sparrow flocks (12 or so) were still around in hedgerows on
Thursday, however; they just didn’t zero in on my feeders.

Tuesday last week (15 Mar) was the first day I confirmed females in a flock of
Red-winged Blackbirds along Hile School Road.

And the maple tree on the NW side of the house is blooming strongly today.

Anne