I have noticed a dramatic drop in the squirrel population and feeder birds SW
shore Cayuga Lake in the past two months. I like to photograph squirrels so I
noticed. Saw one lactating female about two weeks ago, and that's it. Up until
a couple months ago I also had flying squirrels visiting every night, now
nothing. There's a bonanza acorn crop, so maybe the squirrels don't need to
raid my place this year. Tube feeder stays full days longer than it used to.
Blue Jays used to show up whenever I tossed out some seeds on my deck. Now the
seeds sit there uneaten. I do have woodpeckers and Mourning Doves around the
yard, and a few chipmunks.

Elaina

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 18, 2017, at 12:47 PM, Barbara B. Eden