This morning I was at a meeting discussing the careless and unfortunate recent
removal of many mature oaks and maples at LACS (the Alternative School) on
Chestnut St.

  One of the participants was convinced that an Osprey nest had been destroyed
in the process.

  *Key point:  While we met outside on the South side of the building a young
Osprey walked around on the lawn next to the building about 30’ away from us.
It stood by the building for about 10 minutes.  When we left, it flew up on the
roof.

Could someone check the area to see if the birds are okay?  We have foxes in
the neighborhood and a young bird standing around isn’t safe.

Thanks,
Regi