Well, this is my miserable bird identification admission.  🤦🏽‍♀️
The bird was a Redtail Hawk and it was a Redtail Hawk nest that was disturbed.
Please accept my apologies.
The young birds are still around.
Regi

“There is a brief and rapidly closing window to secure a liveable future on the
planet.” Hans-Otto Partner, co-chair, 2022 IPCC working group