I saw the Snow Goose a little before 2pm and a little after 6pm in the same
area. It has been grazing and looks alert and healthy. I agree it is unusual to
have a wild goose in such a busily populated place, but the rowing crews, the
drivers, and most of the pedestrians ignore it, so the bird is tolerant. Many
Snow Geese who don’t finish migration are not sick but have been wounded by
hunters. Sometimes they gather into small flocks who swim around Cayuga Lake.
I’d rather let it be. But if it is sick, then handling it would not be a smart
idea for the people.

- - Dave Nutter