Paul Rodewald said a pair of Black Vultures seemed to be prospecting a barn
recently between Freeville & Cortland.

Last year the number of sightings over downtown Ithaca & lower S Hill, & near
Titus Flats/ Wegmans/ the Elmira Rd strip seemed like some affinity - maybe
nesting nearby? Or is it just that there are lots of potential observers, and
they are conspicuous so they get reported more here even though they travel
widely? Anyway it seems to be continuing. Is there a food source for them in
the neighborhood? Or did they nest here?

I wonder how many pairs we are dealing with, how many birds are local, and how
many of the birds seen recently have been migrating through.

- - Dave Nutter