The barn is between Freeville & McLean, more specifically along the SE side of
Fall Creek Rd between Red Mill Rd & Malloryville Rd. Google maps shows a
building complex associated with a closed farm stand. Below is the eBird rare
bird report which I saved. The record doesn’t show up in the eBird database if
you search Black Vulture, but I am still able to access it from this link, so
it hasn’t been deleted, revised, or hidden, I guess just not confirmed.

> Black Vulture (Coragyps atratus) (2)
> - Reported Feb 16, 2024 11:34 by Paul Rodewald
> - 340–350 Fall Creek Rd, Freeville US-NY (42.5289,-76.3158), Tompkins, New
> York
> - Map:
> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.528927,-76.315839&ll=42.528927,-76.315839
> - Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S162563609
> - Comments: "Two BLVUs flying from barn at this location.  Seems early for
> northern limit of breeding range, but appeared to be inspecting a potential
> or prior nest location."

- - Dave Nutter

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")