Hello!

I officially give up after not attracting any Martins for 8 years. Up for grabs
is the basic gourd starter set from the Purple Martin Conservation Association.
Each of the 6 gourds has a vent hole, a porch, and an owl guard added. It was a
12-gourd set but I have stolen 6 gourds because they make cool birdhouses on
stakes for bluebirds, tree swallows, etc.:
https://www.purplemartin.org/shop/product/grsbeg/gourd-rack-starter-bundle-excluder-gourds/

Includes:
14-foot pole
6 gourds with owl guards, porches, and vents installed
the pully mechanism to raise and lower the gourds for maintenance
12 gourd brackets so you could expand
raccoon guard for pole
instructions for all of it

They have been up for 8 seasons, I bring them in for winter so the plastic is
in good shape but has grime. The gourds are made of a nice thick plastic. Most
are filled with lovingly collected white pine needles.

I am hoping to pass this on to someone who has more chance of success, maybe
where Martins already nest and might want to expand. Stewart Park? Or perhaps
someone who has time/energy to play landlord/landlady would like to get this up
at Jennings Pond so I can visit them? :) Email me offline if you are
interested. I’m in the Danby area. I’ll post back when they are gone.

Thanks!
Sherwood Snyder

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")