Each router only decrements 1 hop per router - not interface - so technically it would be 2 hops away.

Every interface involved in Multicast needs to have PIM enabled in some sort of fashion (including the Loopback interface if streaming out to a PSTN POTS Trunk!) - the easiest for the Voice lab being PIM- Dense where we flood everywhere and do not care about RPs. Bear in mind you will not hear Multicast if you phone HQ Phone 3 to BR1 Phone 3 (where both those phones are IPBlue or even hardware phones behind your EasyVPN connection) and hit hold - due to the fact that IPSec only supports Unicast traffic - not Multicast or Broadcast traffic.

You CAN hear it however by picking up lets say BR1 Phone 3 and phoning out to the PSTN (911 for ease) and putting the PSTN Phone on hold by pressing hold from the BR1 Phone. This puts the BR1 Gateway on hold technically - and the BR1 Gateway turns the VoIP - into regular old PCM - sends it out the PRI - over to the PSTN Gateway PRI - then becomes VoIP again (this time Unicast) and streams to the PSTN Phone. Assuming you are controlling your PSTN Phone with an IPBlue client (we show you how on the ProctorLabs Voice vRack web page) - then you should hear the stream and be able to do a "sh ip mroute" along with the PerfMon tool on the UCM Server - and verify that Multicast is indeed working and you can hear it!

Cheers,

Mark Snow
CCIE #14073 (Voice, Security)
CCSI #31583
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
A Cisco Learning Partner - We Accept Learning Credits!
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.309.413.4097
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video On Demand and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage Lab Certifications.