Thanks,

I am assuming that I could not bring some beef sticks or jerky in a clear
ziplock

----- Original Message ----
From: Jacob Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Edward French <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; CCIE Maillist
<ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:06:03 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Lab questions about RTP

Edward,
I probably know more about RTP than most people on
this mailing list, my next voice attempt on 4/21 will
be #9 for me in RTP (this is for all IE's not just
Voice :) ).

I believe you get 2 blank pieces of paper which you
will have to return at the end of the day, i am sure
you can request more if you need more.

PC's seem to be plenty fast all the times I have been
there, I think for voice the server response is more
of an issue than PC would be.  I believe the screen
resolution is at least 1280X1024 and if not that
pretty close.  Only 1 monitor is provided.

Their are 2-3 very, very large coolers in the break
room about 150 feet from the lab that is stocked with
just about every kind of soda (diet and regular) you
could imagine, the bathrooms are about 1/2 to the
break room on the right.  To leave the lab you need to
grab a visitor badge hanging on the door and if
someone else is already out you can still leave and
just ring the doorbell to get back into the lab.

The lunch is provided to you and you have to take it
in a small conference room off of the main lab room.
As for your low carb diet I am not sure, they really
only offer 1 choice and it often contains meat and
cheese (actually always I think) which I know some
people won't eat for personal or religous reasons.  I
am sure they will have something, and if you would
like you could write [EMAIL PROTECTED] with ?'s and see
if you can get a response.  I did see something once
about if you had special requests you could ask, but I
am not sure where that is at.  LIke I said, I could
walk that room blindfolded so let me know if you or
anyone else on this forum has any other questions.

--- Edward French <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As I have said before I am making my first attempt
> on April 18th. So I have a couple of questions about
> the lab environment.
>
> Is there adequate space to notes? (I know on Cisco
> provided sheets with Cisco proveded pens)
>
> Are the PC's reasonably fast?
> Do the monitors have at least 1280 X 1024
> resolution?
> Do they have dual monitors?
>
> Is there access to beverages?
>
> Are the bathrooms close?
>
> Do you need money for lunch?
> Is lunch cafeteria style? or a boxed lunch or what?
> I am on a low carb diet, will I be able to get meat
> and cheese?
>

> Thanks
>
> Ed

Jacob Owen
CCIE #14063 (R&S, Service Provider), CCVP, CCDP

OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total
Access, No Cost. W00t