um - a   [^]

nothing is different - they both match the same pattern :-)

-- Mark Snow
CCIE #14073 (Voice, Security)

Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.309.413.4097
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Join our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities