To complement this last comment from Thompson... take a look a this:

"...All of the IP Phones listed above have the ability to mark 802.1Q/p CoS
values for both VoIP and call
signaling (default values are 5 and 3, respectively). Furthermore, they also
have the ability to mark DSCP
values for both VoIP and call signaling (current defaults are EF and AF31,
respectively; future software
releases will change these values to EF and CS3, respectively)..."

This was taken from the page 63 (2-12) from the QOS SRND 3.3 in the
description of the cisco IP Phones, it is an interesting lecture.

//r.a.