Vic,

Loppback solution is *only* used as a workaround for invoking Xcoder
.Because calling from WAN to CME and then hitting AA would not force CME to
involve Xcoder.

So as a workaround we direct traffic to the loopback thus CME and Xcoder and
then AA will come to play.

Here is the proof.

GK with setup of G711 .

voice translation-rule 800
 rule 1 /6667878/ //

voice translation-profile INCOMING_GK
 translate called 1

dial-peer voice 800 voip
service aa
 translation-profile incoming INCOMING_GK
incoming called-number 66678784444
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711u
 no vad

sh gatekeeper call

LocalCallID                        Age(secs)   BW
138-14                             13          128(Kbps)
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   src EP: GK_TRUNK_1            2001
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           140.0.0.1     3345  140.0.0.1     3245
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   dst EP: CME                66678784444
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           140.0.3.254    1720  140.0.3.254    49270

Opbviously  ARQ does not comes into play adn we need just 128 for G711 .

This way Service aa kicking in and work properly with out loopback solution.

Cyrus

--
Sirus Moghadasian
CCIE #21862 (R&S)